Coat of arms
Map of Outernatia with OU members highlighted in green
|Prince Louis Tomlinson|
|Establishment||2 August 2015|
The Outernatian Union (OU) is an international organization consisting of various member states of the Outernatian continent. The OU was established on 02 August 2015 to promote international cooperation between the member states.
The Union was formed with the creation of the "Treaty on the Formation of a Continental Union" by Raingatian monarch Prince Louis Tomlinson and invited other Outernatian countries to apply for membership. The OU is an intergovernmental organization whose overarching aim is promoting comprehensive cooperation among the member states. The objectives of the OU are:
- To achieve greater unity and solidarity between the Outernatian countries and its citizens.
- To defend the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of its Member States.
- To accelerate the political and social-economic integration of the continent.
- To promote and defend Outernatian common positions on issues of interest to the continent and its peoples.
- To encourage international cooperation within Outernatia.
- To promote peace, security, and stability on the continent.
- To promote democratic principles and institutions, popular participation and good governance.
- To promote and protect human and peoples' rights.
- To establish the necessary conditions which enable the continent to play its rightful role in the global economy and in international negotiations.
- To promote sustainable development at the economic, social and cultural levels as well as the integration of Outernatian economies.
- To promote co-operation in all fields of human activity to raise the living standards of Outernatian peoples.
- To coordinate and harmonize the policies between the existing and future Regional Economic Communities for the gradual attainment of the objectives of the Union.
- To advance the development of the continent by promoting research in all fields, in particular in science and technology.
- To work with relevant international partners in the eradication of preventable diseases and the promotion of good health on the continent.
As of 16 August 2015 signatories of the Treaty are the following countries and entities:
- RC Laranjeiras
- Republica Libera
- Jhe Freeh