Voting at the Internatia Song Contest
The voting systems used in the Contest have changed only once during contest run. Since 2nd edition countries award a set of points from 1 to 8, then 10 and finally 12 to other songs in the competition — with the favourite song being awarded 12 points. Due to a lower number of participants, in the 1st edition voting system was different.
Tie-breakers[edit | edit source]
In the event of a tie for first place and for other places after all the points have been announced, there is a tie-break procedure. A tie-break procedure is exactly the same used in the Eurovision Song Contest.
The current tie-breaking rule is that, in the event that two or more countries tie for first place and for other places the song that received points from the greater number of countries is the winner. This system is sometimes called the "count-back". If there is still a tie, the second tie-breaker is to count the number of countries who assigned twelve points to each entry in the tie. Tie-breaks continue with ten points, eight points, and so on until the tie is resolved.
Voting status[edit | edit source]
Since the 16th edition, all participating nations are obligated to vote in final of particular edition, even if they fail to qualify from the semi-final.
1) The consequences of not voting in the final may lead to the removal of your country under these circumstances:
- If you do not vote on your debut (when you joined the main roster), your country will no longer exist.
- As for all other participants, if you do not participate twice in a row, your country will be removed from the main roster.
- If you do not vote in the final of an edition you are participating in twice in a row, your country will be removed from the main roster.
- If you fail to vote or participate in 3 out of the last 20 editions, your country will be removed from the main roster. You can only get one penalty per edition.
2) Exceptions are of course accepted. Please post your reason in the Roster thread or PM it to the mods (Alex, santos and Brent) and they will review your reason for not voting, or being unable to vote in the future.
Table key[edit | edit source]
|Voted - Country voted in that edition|
|Did not vote - Country failed to vote in that edition at least once where they were required to|
|Late entry/votes - Country sent their entry/votes to that edition but later than the deadline and got a strike for that reason|
|N/A||Did not participate - Country didn't participate in that edition|
|Saint Eva & Lepland|
* - Levië withdrew from ISC 125 for personal reasons so severe that their non-participation in that edition shouldn't be counted as a strike.